Stream Cleanup and Invasive Plant Removal at Oella Trolley Trail
October 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Come out and help us clean Cooper Branch along the Trolley Trail #9 as well as the banks of the Patapsco River nearby. We’ll also tackle cutting invasive English ivy and Asiatic Bittersweet vines off of the surrounding trees. We’ll meet at Lot A next to The Trolley Stop and work our way up.
1. Every individual who wishes to volunteer MUST register. If your name is not on the registration list at the start of the event, you will not be allowed to participate.
2. If you are registering multiple people, please make sure to register each individual with their own name.
3. Volunteers under the age of 16 are welcome if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian to supervise. An exception to the 1:1 rule can be made for Scouting groups and other organized entities if discussed ahead of time with PHG staff.
1. We kindly request that your pet not attend any Patapsco Heritage Greenway led environmental event unless the event is specified as “Pet-Friendly” or is a service animal that has been previously cleared by PHG before the event.
COVID-19 Safety Rules:
1. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms (not attributed to allergies or other medical conditions) 24-48 hours before an event, please refrain from attending: a fever or the need to take fever-reducing medication, difficulty breathing, coughing, pain or pressure in your chest, inability to stay awake, loss of smell and taste.
2. Volunteers should attempt to keep distance from all volunteers not in their immediate household.
3. Masks are not required for volunteers at outdoor events. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends that in areas with high numbers of COVID-19 cases, consider wearing a mask in crowded outdoor settings for activities with close contact with others who are not fully vaccinated. We strongly encourage anyone who is not fully vaccinated to wear a mask when in close proximity to others.
4. PHG will supply equipment and tools needed (pruners, loppers, trash bags, etc.) but you are also welcome to supply your own. We will have a communal stock of gloves and safety vests to use at your own risk (communal tools and gloves will be sanitized and washed between every event). We will provide hand sanitizer.
5. Please bring your own sunscreen, bug spray, and water.
6. If you begin to feel COVID-19 symptoms during an event, we respectfully ask that you immediately leave.
7. If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 10 days of attending an event, we ask that you alert us so that we may update the other volunteers (your identity will be kept confidential).
Please read the attached electronic waiver below. You will be asked to “electronically sign” the waiver when registering.
AGREEMENT, WAIVER, & RELEASE
In consideration for being permitted by the Patapsco Heritage Greenway to observe, and/or participate in, the above activity, I hereby waive, release, and discharge any and all claims for damage due to COVID-19 infection, personal injury, death, or property damage which I may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me, as a result of participation in said activity. This release is intended to discharge in advance the Patapsco Heritage Greenway, Inc., (its board members, officers, employees, and agents), Patapsco Valley State Park, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay, Friends of Patapsco Valley State Park, Ltd. , property owners or any other associated organizing group from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with my participation in said activity, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above. It is understood that this activity involves an element of risk and danger of accidents, or COVID-19 infection, and knowing those risks (which include among other things: falling, lacerations from sharp objects, equipment failure; falling to the ground, abrasions from the use of equipment, working beyond personal limits; the negligence of other participants, or other persons who may be present; muscular skeletal injuries and/or: head injuries; COVID-19 infection; or my own negligence) I hereby assume those risks. It is further agreed that this waiver, release and assumption of risk is to be binding on my heirs and assigns. I agree to indemnify and to hold the above person or entities free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost, or expense which they may incur as the result of my death or any injury or property damage that I may sustain while participating in said activity.
I understand that I am responsible for wearing appropriate clothing, shoes, face masks, gloves, and other protective wear which in some instances can reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection, permanent injury, or death. I acknowledge that Patapsco Heritage Greenway, Inc., do require participants to be in conformance with the latest social distancing standards; however, they do not require participants to wear any specific clothes, gloves, shoes or other equipment and it is my responsibility to dress accordingly for the activity.
I give my permission to be photographed as part of this event for future use on a web site or newspaper article or other media.
PARENTAL CONSENT: (to be completed and signed by parent/guardian if applicant is under 18 years of age.) I hereby consent that my son/daughter, may participate in the above activity, and I hereby execute the Agreement, Waiver, and Release on his/her behalf. I state that said minor is physically able to participate in-said activity. I hereby agree to indemnify and hold the persons and entities mentioned above free and harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost, or expense that they may incur as a result of the death or any injury or property damage that said minor may sustain while participating in said activity.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVER, AND RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE ABOVE PARTIES AND I SIGNED ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF MY FREE WILL.