December 16, 2020
CONTACT : Aaron Shapiro, Executive Director | email@example.com | 410.696.1328
ELLICOTT CITY, MD—
Patapsco Heritage Greenway’s (PHG) Patapsco Valley Heritage Area (PVHA) Mini-Grant Program is designed to assist heritage-related sites, organizations and municipalities to develop new and innovative programs, partnerships, exhibits, tours, events, and other initiatives consistent with the regional goals and objectives stated within our state and county approved Management Plan. The program, administered by Patapsco Heritage Greenway (PHG), encourages proposals that include collaborative partnerships, enhance preservation, encourage stewardship of natural resources, and promote heritage tourism.
This year, PHG received nearly $40,000 in grant requests for the Mini-Grant Program. The Program is funded by a $25,000 grant from the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority. This year’s awardees were chosen through a competitive process. PHG is pleased to report that we were able to extend some additional funding for a total grant amount just over $28,000.
FY2021 Patapsco Valley Heritage Area Mini-Grant Awardees include:
- Baltimore County Arts Guild: Guinness Arts and Music Festival Planning and Coordination ($5000)
- Catonsville Arts and Entertainment District-Baltimore County Arts Guild: Cultural Heritage: Catonsville’s Music Traditions ($3515)
- Catonsville Rails to Trails: Cycling Pocket Park at Frederick Road Trailhead ($3500)
- Catonsville Tree Canopy Project: 2021 Tree Planting and Pruning ($4000)
- Community College of Baltimore County: Experiential Learning Through CCBC and Local Community Partnerships ($1200)
- Friends of Patapsco Valley State Park: Bilingual Stewardship Signage ($1500)
- Howard County Conservancy: Welcoming Visitors in a COVID World ($3730)
- Howard County Recreation & Parks: Rockburn Branch Park Trail Improvement Segment llC ($4,689)
- Visit Howard County: Howard County Welcome Center Facility Disinfection ($1048.50)
All PVHA mini-grants require a 1:1 match, with any mix of cash or in-kind match. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make our grants accessible to a wide range of partners doing work in the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area.
The Patapsco Heritage Greenway’s mission is to preserve, protect, interpret, and restore the environment, history, and culture of the Patapsco River Valley. PHG administers the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area and holds a variety of environmental and history based programs throughout the year.