ELLICOTT CITY, MD—The Patapsco Valley Heritage Area (PVHA) Mini-Grant Program is designed to assist heritage-related sites, organizations and municipalities to develop new and innovative programs, partnerships, exhibits, tours, events, and other initiatives consistent with the regional goals and objectives stated within our state and county approved Management Plan. The program, administered by Patapsco Heritage Greenway (PHG), encourages proposals that include collaborative partnerships, enhance preservation, encourage stewardship of natural resources, and promote heritage tourism.
This year, PHG received nearly $38,000 in grant requests for the Mini-Grant Program. The Program is funded by a $25,000 grant from the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority. This year’s awardees were chosen through a competitive process.
FY2022 Patapsco Valley Heritage Area Mini-Grant Awardees include:
- Benjamin Banneker Foundation: Colonial Market Fair Re-Enactors ($2500)
- Catonsville Middle School: Catonsville Middle Courtyard Renovation: Monarch Butterfly Garden ($4355)
- Catonsville Rails to Trails: Preserving the #8 Streetcar Mural as a Trail Historic Site ($1500)
- Ellicott City Historic District Partnership: OEC Visitor Experience: Directory Boards ($2500)
- Friends of Patapsco Valley State Park: Adaptive Trail ($2500)
- Granite Historical Society: Establishing a GHS Historical Document Infrastructure ($1380)
- Greater Patapsco Community Association-Small Watershed Community Committee: Supporting Habitat and Stream Health of Patapsco River Tributaries ($2815)
- Howard County Conservancy: Trail System Wayfinding for Mt. Pleasant Farmstead ($5000)
- Howard County Historical Society: Ellicott Mills Children’s Museum Garden ($1500)
- Howard County Poetry and Literary Society: See through Poetry ($950)
All PVHA mini-grants require a 1:1 match, with any mix of cash or in-kind match. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make our grants accessible to a wide range of partners doing work in the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area.
The Patapsco Heritage Greenway’s mission is to preserve, protect, interpret, and restore the environment, history, and culture of the Patapsco River Valley. PHG administers the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area and holds a variety of environmental and history based programs throughout the year.
- For more information on the Mini- Grant Program, visit https://patapsco.org/about-us/pvha-mini-grant/