Event Assistant Job Description
Hours: Part-time/Seasonal, Non-Exempt, 5-15 hours per week Spring/Fall (specific hours TBD)
Timing: Events generally occur in 3-hour blocks between the hours of 9am-4pm (Weekdays and/or Weekends)
Compensation: $16 per hour, (paid for event travel time)
Patapsco Heritage Greenway’s (PHG) mission is to preserve, protect, interpret and restore the environment, history, and culture of the Patapsco Valley. We seek to reach our mission through a robust environmental stewardship program, expanding recreational opportunities, and managing the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area (PVHA), one of thirteen Maryland state heritage areas, in support of heritage tourism initiatives. We seek a part-time Event Assistant to join our team, based in Ellicott City, Maryland.
Summary of Job Description: The desired candidate, in coordination with the Environmental Program Manager and Community Programs Coordinator, will plan and lead stream cleanups, invasive plant removals, tree plantings, tree maintenance and other programs. Event Assistants may also be required to assist or lead workshops and education programs. Weekends and/or some weekdays required.
- Candidates with environmental stewardship, education, and/or field experience.
- Candidates with experience leading or working with volunteers and program participants of all backgrounds.
- Candidates with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Candidates with the ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Familiarity with Baltimore County and Howard County communities as well as some Spanish language proficiency is beneficial but not required.
- Driver’s License, personal transportation with capability to transport equipment and materials as needed
- Assist with supervision and training of volunteers.
- Pick up and transport required supplies from storage to event location and return after each event.
- Help register and direct volunteers during events.
- Assist volunteers with trash collection, identification, sorting and temporary storage during cleanup events including post-event checks
- Work with volunteers of all ages and backgrounds
- Represent the organization at educational events.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line “Event Assistant Application”. For more information about PHG and the PVHA, visit patapsco.org. If you have questions about the position, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.