Rogers Family of Ellicott City Sponsors Effort to Highlight Area’s Many Features
ELLICOTT CITY, MARYLAND–The Patapsco Heritage Greenway is issuing a call for entries to paSNAPsco – a photo contest and exhibit depicting the diverse beauty of Maryland’s most historic river valley. Open to both amateur and professional photographers, the organization seeks images that creatively feature historic structures and attractions, the Patapsco River and its environment, Main Street moments, recreational opportunities, and cultural activities. Winning photos will be featured in a new 2019 Patapsco Valley Heritage Area Calendar.
Individual $100 cash prizes will be awarded for the “best of’ in the following categories:
- STEP BACK … sites that showcase the unique history of the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area
- NATURE NURTURES … landscapes, waterscapes, wildlife, plants, the natural river and streams, the beauty of the seasons depicting the unique natural environment of the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area
- MAIN STREET MOMENTS … capture the streetscapes, festivals, shop windows and visitors to two of the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area’s Main Streets … Catonsville and Ellicott City
- GET OUT!… people enjoying recreational activities, e.g., cycling, hiking, fishing, etc.
- A MUSE … performing and visual art experiences, arts and culture, arts festivals, cultural programs
In addition, a PATAPSCO FAVORITE will be chosen to receive a $200 prize and a PEOPLE’S CHOICE award will be selected via an online contest component to receive a $100 prize. All winning photos, with appropriate credit, will be featured in a new 2019 Patapsco Valley Heritage Area Calendar.
All photos must be taken within the boundaries of the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area (SEE MAP). An exhibit featuring winning photos and other selected entries will be held in November. The deadline for entries is August 13, 2018.
The contest is sponsored by the Rogers Family of Ellicott City and made possible through a grant from Maryland Heritage Area Authority. More information, contest rules, and entry forms are available here.