For Immediate Release:
The Patapsco Valley Heritage Area, a certified heritage area encompassing parts of Baltimore and Howard County, announces grant opportunities for FY18 projects through the Maryland Heritage Areas Authority (MHAA).
MHAA offers nonprofit organizations and government entities grants of up to $50,000 with a one-to-one required match for non-capital projects (including planning, interpretation, and programming) and up to $100,000 for capital projects (including acquisition, pre-development, development, rehabilitation, and restoration) for programs and projects within the boundaries of the Heritage Area.
The grant application is available online at mht.maryland.gov/grants.shtml. More information, training webinars and registration is available online. The Intent To Apply form is due by January 27.
Applicants are encouraged to submit drafts to PVHA by February 10 for review and suggestions. Final applications are due to MHAA on March 1, 2017.
For more information, visit: Maryland Heritage Areas Website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Patapsco Heritage Greenway, Inc. (PHG) is the managing entity of the Patapsco Valley Heritage Area, one of Maryland’s 13 certified Heritage Areas.
- Maryland’s Heritage Areas are places to experience the authentic heritage of Maryland in a unique way that cannot be experienced anywhere else. Individuals, businesses, non-profits and governments within these areas form partnerships to preserve the best of Maryland’s historic sites and towns, unspoiled natural landscapes and enduring traditions. These tangible links to both place and the past encourage residents to recognize they have a special piece of the American story to treasure and share with others, and that in doing so they create more livable and economically sustainable communities.
- The PHG mission is to preserve, protect, interpret, and restore the environment, history, and culture of Maryland’s Patapsco Valley.
- For more information about The Patapsco Heritage Greenway visit patapsco.org
- For more information about Maryland Heritage Areas mht.maryland.gov/heritageareas.shtml