The Patapsco Heritage Greenway is a non-profit 501c3 organization dedicated to preserving, protecting, interpreting, and restoring the environment, history and culture of Maryland’s Patapsco Valley between Daniels and Elkridge. The organization seeks an experienced, goal-oriented individual to serve as Executive Director. The successful candidate will have proven leadership abilities and strong communication skills, and assist the Board of Directors to develop and implement initiatives, working under the approved Management Plan for the Patapsco Heritage Area.
Community outreach is of paramount importance and the selected individual will be expected to cultivate, develop and maintain strong, positive, collaborative community relations among a broad scope of stakeholders including representatives from key advisory organizations, community and corporate partners, government entities, grantors and grantees, and volunteers.
This is a full time, salaried position, salary range $53,000-$63,000, which requires some weekend and evening hours. The work schedule is flexible and some duties may be performed from a home. The Executive Director reports to the Patapsco Heritage Board of Directors and immediately to the Board chair.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing strategies and mechanisms to implement the Patapsco Heritage Area Management Plan in concert with the Board of Directors,
- Pursuing grant opportunities for the organization and overseeing collection of grant applications and performance data for evaluation, strategic review and reporting purposes.
- Overseeing implementation of a marketing plan to brand the organization and the Heritage Area. Overseeing, coordinating and/or creating the promotional efforts and materials that raise awareness of the organization, its activities and the Heritage Area through a variety of communication mediums.
- Developing and implementing fundraising strategies that include recruitment and retention of corporate sponsors and members, as well as planning and coordinating special event campaigns.
- Managing the daily operation of the organization working, overseeing preparation and submission of required legal and tax documents, maintenance of official records and documents, and preparing regular reports to the Board.
- Maintaining regular communication with stakeholders including updates to the organization’s website and social media outlets, and writing media releases.
- Overseeing recruitment and development of staff, volunteers and intern programs to support the Management Plan
- Overseeing and managing the State Heritage area management grant.
Five years of experience in a leadership position. Past responsibilities should include a combination of organizational development and experience with fundraising, grant writing, fiscal management, government and community relations, and marketing and promotional planning. Knowledge of cultural heritage, historic preservation, environmental sustainability and stewardship, land use, planning, and State and other grants is desired. A familiarity with northern Howard County and southwestern Baltimore County will be considered beneficial.
Interested individuals should email a resume along with a cover letter to Patapsco Heritage Greenway Director Selection co-chair Kathy Younkin at email@example.com
All applications must be emailed by October 25, 2017. Applications received after this deadline will not be considered.